18 September 2011

Emmys 2011

The Emmys wrapped up a few hours ago and now the winners & nominees can let loose while bloggers like me can commence their analysis of the red carpet fashion.  Sometimes the red carpets of these types of awards shows can be disappointing, especially when everyone looks the same or wears one neutral colour.

The Emmys 2011 red carpet was the exception.  There was lots of blue, red, & purple plus lots of lace, and long sleeve gowns...tons of variety to keep it interesting.

Here are my favourites of the night:


Kelly Osbourne in J. Mendel.  She looked stunning.


Aleksa Palladino in a gorgeous one shoulder  Pamella Roland



Christina Hendricks is my hero.  She has a bombshell body in a sea of skeletal starlets, and she's not afraid to show it off.  I wish she had chosen something with colour, but nonetheless she looks fabulous in this Johanna Johnson gown.


Cobie Smulders is from Vancouver and almost gets no red carpet press, so I had to include her in my favourite looks of the night.  She earned it though...she looks so pretty in this Alberta Ferretti.


I adore Emily Blunt, because she's an incredible actress, not to mention a great dresser.  Love this navy Elie Saab on her, though she might be getting into a style rut.  I feel like I've seen her in something so similar before.


Another Elie Saab creation, this time worn by Evan Rachel Wood.


I still can't decide if I love or hate this dress, but I do find it intriguing.  Gwyneth Paltrow in Emilio Pucci.


Emmy host Jane Lynch in David Meister.  Simple but has some pop with the great shade of burgundy.


Julia Stiles (she still acts? really?) pulls off this body hugging Georges Hobeika.


Kate Winslet was a bit safe in this red Elie Saab, but I love her too much to leave her off my list of best dressed.


Kerry Washington in my favourite look of the night, by Zuhair Murad.  She looks amazing!



Minka Kelly in Christian Dior.  A little demure for Esquire's sexiest woman alive, but it is a gorgeous dress.



Sofia Vergara in a very sexy but ladylike Vera Wang.  What a great colour but can't name the shade of pink this is...honeysuckle maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment