7 September 2011

Goodbye Twenties!

Going, going, gone!  My twenties have been over for nearly 13 hours now and I can tell you that so far nothing has changed.  I still look the same and feel the same, but oddly kind of different.  More grateful and more aware of how lucky I am to have such a blessed life at the (young) age of 30.

Life can turn out one of many ways, and though I didn't think  I would necessarily have a troubled life or a tough time in adulthood, I feel like I didn't truly know how good life could be for me. I think when you grow up with some adversity from a young age and you get through that, everything else seems like icing on the cake.  I do sometimes get caught up in all the stuff that really doesn't matter, so I do have to remind myself to be grateful for the things I do have:  a loving family, supportive friends, a stable job, and opportunities to explore the world and be anything I want to be.  If that isn't something to be grateful about, I don't know what is.

To sum up, thirty ain't no thing!  Life is good :).




No comments:

Post a Comment