2 July 2012

Motivation

Sad but true fact about me:  when it comes to working out, I'm a lazy bitch.  I will do just about anything to avoid having to exercise, even if it is a something that I enjoy, like zumba.  But...working out is a necessary part of life if you want to be healthy and be fit, so I have to find new ways to motivate myself.  Usually I only get to my breaking point when I look in the mirror or step on the scale and I am totally disgusted with my body.  That usually snaps me back to reality but at that point getting back to my ideal shape is all the more difficult because I've let myself go so much.  Not good at all.

The other day while trolling through Pinterest (yes, one of the things I should stop doing so much so I have more time to work out), I found a pin about motiviation which I've decided to adopt as my motivation to work out more often.  Essentially, every time you exercise, you tip yourself.  What you decide to do after a certain amount of work outs is up to you but it seems like a simple way to not only get motivated but also reward yourself if you can keep it going for an extended period of time.

Work out motivation, from my Pinterest board Skinny Bitch

I've decided I want an iPad and I'm going to work my ass off to raise enough to cover 1/2 the cost of one.  A qualifying workout will be physical activity of at least 30 minutes, which for me includes walking (could be at work on the treadmill at lunch or after dinner around the block with a friend) a yoga class at YYoga, or a simple set of exercises at home with my new resistance bands.  I'm REALLY excited about this plan, though I do foresee some hiccups that I need to be prepared for.  

First off, I could treat this just like any other "plan" I've had to get healthy and fall off the wagon.  Second, I haven't set a time frame for what's an acceptable amount of time to get to my goal, which could be an issue.  And last, it is summer and I have numerous plans in the next few months, including 8 days wine tasting in the Okanagan, two weddings and possibly a camping trip.  This could be difficult to sustain for many reasons but I think keeping my eye on the "prize" will be great motivation to get me to my goal.  It will involve some lifestyle changes but I am up for the challenge!  Wish me luck and hopefully soon this baby (in white) will be mine:


iPad2 in white:  my motivation to work out 30 minutes a day, at least 4 times a day.
If I keep it up,  I may have one by Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment