31 May 2011

Bathing Suit Season (Nooooooooooooo!)

Yes ladies and gentleman, it is that time of year.  Bathing suit season.  Three words that strike fear into the heart of any woman who is not a supermodel or one of the Kardashian sisters.

Normally, I'm a bikini girl, but this year is my last bathing suit season in my twenties.  I have various thoughts on this.  The traditional side of me thinks that wearing a bikini after 30 is a fashion faux pas and that next year I should settle for a respectable one piece to cover up all my now 30 year old flaws.  The defiant and rebellious side of me thinks "no bikinis after 30?!?!?  who came up with that rule?!?!!?" and that I should be proud of my body and wear a bikini until I think it's time to look at one piece suits

What does the rational side of me think?  Well, after doing some research and thinking it over, anyone who is brave enough to wear a bikini should feel free to do it at any age.  I mean, if Helen Mirren can do it at more than twice my age (63!), then I have nothing to fear.

Just in case, I'm going to refer back to these pictures for inspiration any time I feel a little apprehensive about bathing suit season being here again:

Helen Mirren - age 63 (!)
Heather Locklear - age 46

Kim Catrall - Age 54

Valerie Bertinelli - Age 49

No comments:

Post a Comment