19 June 2012

Time and Space

Lately I find myself tired and dragging to doing the next thing on the list, not only on weekdays but on weekends too.  It could be for any number of reasons but I think it is because I feel stretched in all sorts of directions right now.  Between spending time with friends, family, my boyfriend as well as dealing with workplace drama, I am exhausted!  I find it hard to say no to people, especially those I care about, so it has been a constant juggling act trying to fit it all in.  Having time to myself to blog, catch up on errands and honestly just sit down and do nothing is at a premium right now.

So what to do when one feels stretched in all directions?  I guess the most obvious option is to take something off the list.  Not so easy because I'm not about to let go of anyone in my life that I care about.  But then again, it is a good idea to re-evaluate what actually IS important to me.  There will always be obligations but beyond that, what do I choose to keep on my list of things that I want to spend time on.

Here's what I've come up with so far
- Spending time with the people that I care about
- Taking care of my health: planning healthy meals and making healthy choices when I eat out
- Exercising:  making the most of the (expensive!) 6 month yoga studio pass I just bought with at least 2 yoga classes a week
- Finding and applying for good job opportunities
- Taking at least 1 hour a day for me reading, blogging when I feel like it, etc


Here's what is NOT on my list
- Wasting time on the Internet
- Shopping
- Spending time obsessing about anything:  relationships, work, etc


Operation improve Miss M's energy begins....now!


No comments:

Post a Comment