6 May 2012

I Still Got It....

Now that I'm well on my way to being 31, I realize that things are not what they once were when it comes to my body.  Losing those few pounds after Christmas takes a bit longer, recovering from a night of drinking is a more of a major drag than a few years ago, and trying to avoid the creep of fine little lines around my eyes and lips are task numero uno.  Simply put, I'm not getting any younger, damnit!

Yes being older means you're wiser and smarter about your choices, you know what you want, blah, blah, blah.  But you know what's also awesome as you get older?  When you get ID-ed or even better...someone mistakes you for being (much) younger than you are.

Case in point, yesterday while out with my mom, an 18 year old boy who was helping with our purchases was checking me out like maaaadddd.  An 18 year old checking out nearly 31 one year old me?!?!  Sounds a little Mrs. Robinson-esque, but I was wearing jeans, a black tee and almost no makeup.  I didn't look like the older more experienced woman in that scenario.  Anyway, I should have felt objectified, but I actually felt pretty freakin' awesome after that, despite the fact that he was seriously obvious about checking out the goods.  And when I say obvious, I mean staring at my boobs for a good 8 seconds straight kind of obvious.

But...there's more!  Later that same day, I answered the door at my house and the person on the other side of it (looking to mow the lawn or something), asked me if my parents were home, conceivably to ask permission for the service they were selling.  Me, being mistaken for not even being a legal adult!!!  That was the icing on the cake!  Someone thinks I'm not even legal.  Yay!

Now, I know how silly and shallow I sound right now, but as I get older I realize you have to appreciate the little things in life.  Right?  So...I choose to appreciate those moments where I have been mistaken for being much younger than I actually am and I will cherish those moments forever!



No comments:

Post a Comment