8 August 2012

The Real World

Vacations are great for getting away from everything in your "real" life that causes stress...the noise of the city, annoying neighbours, troublesome co-workers, frustrating family members, etc, etc.  After being away for a week in beautiful Osoyoos, BC (seriously, you must go there it's amazing!), I was thoroughly relaxed and felt at ease.  All those stress-causing things in my life seemed to melt away.  I'm not sure if it was the company, the beautiful setting, the wine or all those things in combination, but for the first time in the longest time, I felt carefree, even though I knew that I still had real things to "worry" about back home.

In fact, it didn't take long for reality to set back in when I returned, but I found I didn't feel the same sense of longing to go back on vacation as I have after past trips.  As I've "grown up"over the last few years, I feel much better equipped now to deal with the issues that come up in life in a healthy way.  I try to take the stressful things that I can't control in stride, because at the end of the day, the only thing I can control is how I react.  Sometimes it feels like it would be easier to avoid issues and bury them away, but guess what...they always come back in some form.  It is the easy way out to find distractions and fill up time to put off dealing with reality.  No longer being on vacation, I still feel at ease, so I'm glad I've taken the time to deal with the "real world" so I can enjoy life wherever I might be.



No comments:

Post a Comment