21 December 2011

Signature Scent

I have been a perfume "whore" for a long time.  What does that mean?  Well, I jump from one fragrance to the next without thinking and never seem to settle on just one.  That changed when I discovered Jo Malone fragrances last year.

I was in Ireland on an exchange program and after 15 heavily scheduled days of a 30 day, 11 stop exchange, I finally had an afternoon to myself in Limerick.  I ended up in the beauty section of a department store called Brown Thomas where I honed in on the large Jo Malone counter.  I had heard the name before and was curious to find out what Jo Malone was all about.   What I learned was that the scents in her collection are very unique - from Lime & Mandarin to Wild Fig & Cassis - and so are the recommended ways to pair two or more of the scents together.  I ended up buying two fragrances that day and I have been a devoted Jo Malone customer since.  I have my special scent and though I don't tell anyone what that is, I often hear "you smell amazing! what IS that?"




If you are looking for a "signature scent", Jo Malone is the place to find it.  The fragrances are categorized from Citrus to Light Floral to Spicy, and more.  There is definitely something for everyone.  You can shop Jo Malone on their website as well as most higher end department stores like Nordstrom in the states or Holt Renfrew in Canada. Or, if you are ever in London check out her luxe new store in the West Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment