1 August 2011

Buzzing Brain

I am one of those people that is constantly thinking and analyzing.  My brain almost never turns off.  Even if I am physically exhausted beyond all measure, my brain will still be humming with lists of things to do, opinions I have on issues and why, what's going with my favourite tv show, what I should pair with the latest pair of shoes I bought, why my last relationship failed, etc, etc.  My brain is like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps going and going.

The great thing about this is that I remember a lot of details and I'm a great planner for this reason.  I also am very empathetic because I take note of the little things about people and try to relate to them because of these small things I notice.  The bad thing about this is that I often care too much about the things I need to get done or the people in my life.  It can take a toll, especially if you are a type "A" perfectionist personality like me!

But, that being said, I am who I am and this is the brain I have (for now, LOL)!   I think over the last year and a bit I've learned to let go of certain things and try not to control every situation in my life.  A while back, I got pretty ill because I let the stresses in my life get to me so much that I did physically exhaust myself.  I know now that I have to put me first and take good care of my health, otherwise I'm useless to everyone, including myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment