15 January 2012

Golden Globes 2012

The Moet has been polished off, the scathing jokes that Ricky Gervais so painstakingly wrote have been delivered and the "real" parties are about to start.  Yes, the Golden Globes have come and gone, and now it's time to spend the next week analyzing who was a fashion hit and who was a miss.

The hot colours were peacock blue, burgundy, saffron yellow and bright pink.  Mermaid gowns were big this year and so were coloured jewels.  I love that there was so much colour on the red carpet...it was a feast for the eyes, and that's what it's all about right?  That and um, the awards themselves I guess!

Emily Deschanel in BCBG Max Azria.
This feels like a strange choice but apparently I love me a one sleeve and draped gown in blue.

Ariel Winter (from Modern Family) in a pretty Dolce and Gabbana dress.  
Sometimes frills can just be fussy, but she looks really cute in this.

Freida Pinto in Prada.  She looks effortlessly beautiful in this gown.

Julianne Moore in a mermaid style Chanel gown.  Somehow, she always looks good, especially when she adds a little pop of green into her outfit.  The emerald earrings she paired with the dress look perfect.

Natalie Portman in Lanvin.
A much better execution of red and pink together than what she wore last year to this same event.

Nava Rivera in Vera Wang.  This gown is so simple but I love the material and the cut.
I think this dress paired her simple hair and accesories with the bold lips is just a perfect look.

Nicole Kidman in a very unique grey and gold detailed Versace.
She looks very statuesque in this gown.  I forgot how tall she is!

Reese Witherspoon apparently had to be sewn into this Zac Posen gown, but I think it was worth it.
This was my favourite look of the night.  She looks amazing.

Sarah Hyland in a vintage Dolce and Gabbana dress.  
She just looks so pretty and put together from the hair to the makeup to the simple black clutch.

Tina Fey in a gorgeous Oscar de la Renta gown.  I love the ruffles , the pink,  the cut, I love it all.
Sorry Reese, I forgot about this dress.  It's now my favourite look of the night!

Viola Davis of The Help (still need to see that movie!) looks fabulous and she definitely has the killer arms and legs to pull of this Emilio Pucci dress.  I just feel bad for her baby toe...look closely but that toe is in a very awkward position and probably is going to hurt for a long long time after this night.  

Zooey Deschanel in a custom made Prada gown.  This dress is like nothing I've ever seen, and I really do like it.  It matches her fun and funky personality.  And check out her nails done up as little tuxes.  So cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment