3 January 2012

New Year, New Body?

Like 99.9% of women out there, I am forever monitoring my figure.  When the jeans start to fit a little snugly, as they often do after the holidays, I know it's time to be more careful with my diet and start to exercise again (I often fall off the exercise bandwagon...like once a month.  Whoops.).

Life is crazy and demanding already, so I try to look for ways to incorporate changes that don't require a complete overhaul of my routine or preferences.  Here are some of the things I'm going to try to help lose the pounds I put on over the last month or so:

  • I love tea but not all teas are created equal.  While green tea is known for it's metabolism boosting properties, I cannot stand the taste of it, so I was happy to hear that peppermint helps with digestion.  I think drinking more peppermint tea instead of the black tea I normally drink will be an easy change to make.  Bonus:  peppermint also helps energize you.



  • They say to eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince and dinner like a pauper.  Well, since I'm often famished in the mornings when I wake up and starving by the time noon rolls around, this suits me just fine.  Since protein is so filling, I am going to aim to add more protein to my breakfast in the form of a shake with Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer or even just a boiled egg.  

No I'm not getting paid to promote them but it's from experience.  Vega is amazing.  More info at http://myvega.com/

  • Schedule exercise into your weekly planner.  I hate just going to the gym on a treadmill so this is an easy one:  sign up for fun exercise classes and throw them into your iPhone calendar (with reminders!).  You can change things up when you get bored with certain classes because there are so many different options out there.
I start Zumba in less than a week.  Looks like so much fun!


Hopefully these little changes help my body get back to what it was before the holidays.  We will see in a month or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment