20 February 2012

Spring Trends

Looking forward to spring is one of my favourite pastimes in winter.  I know, I should totally get a hobby, but I can't help it!  Spring's arrival means summer is not far behind, and I truly, truly love everything about summer.  I have even tricked myself into thinking that Vancouver is going to have a sunny, rain free spring this year!

I've been interested to see what the trends are for spring, and here's some of what I've found that seems wearable and fun.  You can also check out my "Spring Inspiration" Pinterest board as well as last fall's breakdown of New York Fashion Week Spring 2012.  

Prints are funky, flowery and full of colour:

Dress from Mango

Patterned clutch from Aldo




Pleats are hot for dresses and skirts:

BCBG skirt (via the Globe and Mail)
Talbots pleated dress


Neon colours are big, but an easy way to wear them without being over the top is in your makeup.  Think hot pink gloss, neon hued eye shadows & eye liners and bright nail polishes like Chanel "June".

Stila Caprice lip colour (available at Sephora  
Funky platforms from Ruthie Davis
           









  

No comments:

Post a Comment