17 June 2011

I Heart Vancouver

I am sure a lot of you heard some bad news about Vancouver over the last few days after the Canucks lost on Wednesday night.  Well, I'm not going to get into all the details, but I do want to let everyone know out there what my city is really all about...

It is about great sights:

False Creek and the Burrard Street Bridge.  A great place to boat, kayak, talk a walk or grab a drink on a patio on a beautiful day.

The North Shore Mountains.  Fact:  this year, you can ski there until July 1st!


It's about great shopping:

Vancouver is the birthplace of Lululemon.  We love yoga too!

The Granville Island Market is famous for great fresh food, as well as arts and crafts, gifts and novelties.

It's about great food:

Water Street Cafe in Gastown.  Great "westcoast" style food.

Al Porto, also in Gastown.  Heavenly pasta!


Yew Restaurant and Bar in the Four Seasons is my favourite place for brunch.


It's last, but not least, a place with great people:

Cleaning up the city the morning after the events on June 15, 2011.  That's true Vancouver spirit!

Messages of hope...and truth!  We are good people, the bad seeds just took over that night.

I love my city for all these reasons and more.  I hope the people of the world will see that Vancouver is a fabulous city with great people, despite the news they heard this past week.  I have hopes that we will be given the benefit of the doubt!





No comments:

Post a Comment