3 June 2011

Playin' hooky (sort of)

Yes...I have been playing hooky this week and I am only slightly guilty about it.  Why?  Well for the past 4 months, I have been working my bum off at a new job.  Last weekend, I seem to have caught a mild virus and was couch-ridden all weekend which gave me a lot of time to think.  It was then I decided I needed a week of rest - to sleep in, blog, catch up on my errands and visit with friends.  I suppose I could have just asked for the week off, but I didn't know I needed it until I realized that I had zero energy even after two solid days of doing nothing.

I realize this makes me sound like a total slacker to some, but I am honestly ok with that.  If there is one thing I've realized after being at my new job is that I don't want to work for anyone but myself.  So, in order to be able to work for myself, I have to preserve my energy for creating this.  What do I want to do next?  Well, I've always loved baking, so a cafe or bakery might be in the cards.  If not that, then maybe a spa or even a consulting business. 

Whatever it is I do next, having some time to think and re-energize this week has been great and I don't regret making the decision to "play hooky" just this once...


No comments:

Post a Comment